Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others. HOWEVER, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizens who took:
- The melody out of music,
- The pride out of appearance,
- The courtesy out of driving,
- The romance out of love,
- The commitment out of marriage,
- The responsibility out of parenthood,
- The togetherness out of the family,
- The learning out of education,
- The service out of patriotism,
- The Golden Rule from rulers,
- The nativity scene out of cities,
- The civility out of behavior,
- The refinement out of language,
- The dedication out of employment,
- The prudence out of spending,
- The ambition out of achievement or
- God out of government and school.
And we certainly are NOT the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!
And, we do understand the meaning of patriotism, and remember those who have fought and died for our country.
Does anyone under the age of 50 know the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner? What about the last verse of My Country ’tis of Thee?
“Our father’s God to thee, Author of liberty, To Thee we sing. Long may our land be bright, With freedom’s Holy light. Protect us by Thy might, Great God our King.”
Just look at the Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in their hearts as they stand at attention with their hand over their hearts!
YES, I’M A SENIOR CITIZEN!
I’m the life of the party……even if it lasts until 8 p.m. I’m very good at opening childproof caps…. with a hammer. I’m awake many hours before my body allows me to get up. I’m smiling all the time because I can’t hear a thing you’re saying. I’m sure everything I can’t find is in a safe secure place, somewhere. I’m wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that’s just my left leg. I’m beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps. I’m a walking storeroom of facts….. I’ve just lost the key to the storeroom door.
Yes, I’m a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having the time of my life!
Original Author is unknown